The most researched non-prescription Vitamin A derivative in a lightweight, fast penetrating, sensorially luxurious oil format. Stabilised with Lipochroman and Vitamin E. Boosted with Tetrahydropiperine. Soothed with Defensil Plus and calming extracts of Chamomile and Calendula.
Formulated to help rejuvenate the appearance of the skin and give an overall improvement to skin texture.
Manufactured / packaged under nitrogen, into airless containers.
As we age our skin experiences a number of physiological changes such as thinning of the dermis and epidermis as well as a reduction in keratinocytes and collagen production. In addition to natural ageing, the skin is repeatedly exposed to environmental stressors such as UV radiation, pollution etc. Thinning of the dermis and epidermis results in a less effective skin barrier function and in turn leads to higher environmental stressors, higher trans-epidermal water loss and vulnerable skin.
Retinol exhibits powerful anti aging action by increasing the production of keratinocytes (cells which produce keratin), endothelial cells (increases dermal vascularity) and fibroblasts (synthesizes collagen and extracellular matrix).
This in turn leads to:
- Thickening of the epidermis
- Stimulation of collagen production
- Increase in skin firmness
- Increase in cellular renewal
- Decrease in fine lines and wrinkles
Benefits of Retinol:
- Retinol has shown to inhibit UV induced Matrix Metalloproteinases (enzymes which degrade collagen and prevent new collagen production).
- Regulate oil production and reduce acne/blemishes.
- Reduce collagenase.
-Brightens skin tone.
-Evens out skin tone.
- Increases wound healing.
- Considerably less erythema, irritation, TEWL, compared to tretinoin / retinoid acid.
- Retinol boosts the effects of hydroxy acid peels due to increased cellular renewal, increased epidermal healing and enhanced penetration of the peeling agent. Retinol can be resumed after all evidence of peeling and irritation subsides.